Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reason to Blog

I usually just watch TV when I reach camp at 6:30 p.m. up to 10:30 p.m.  Even the TV shows to watch are all decided for a week or month.  Sounds boring, but for lack of anything else to do within the 40 sq.m. or so living space divided among the living room, bedroom and bathroom (and a little space for laundry), there are no other options.  I am fairly content with watching TV night after night until I thought that I could make more use of my time.

So, I blog because, while watching TV--------
  • I have something else to do (in front of the loud TV)
  • I can move around the sofa, instead of just sitting like a statue in one place with feet propped up
  • I won't lie down on the sofa
  • I won't be tempted to drink soda
  • I won't reach for "junk food" because I would be busy typing out my thoughts (maybe)
  • I won't be endlessly changing channels, because my fingers would now be on the laptop keyboard
  • I won't be counting the days before my next vacation (sigh!)
  • I won't be  flicking through magazine ads to look for what to buy at the mall for the hubby and kids (and puppies)
  • I can practice my English (hehe)
I can cite a dozen more reasons and maybe after a while, I will find topics which will be more inteesting (or helpful) to share and that will be the more motivating reason to blog.  But the downside is that I cannot focus 100% now on my favorite TV shows.  Also, since I am using my laptop more these days, I now notice the flaws of this unit bought in 2007.  So, now I am entertaining the idea of buying one of those latest model laptop or tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment